Hardwood Flooring in Pembroke Pines, FL
How to Know if Hardwood Flooring is Right for Your Home
Hardwood flooring has a reputation for being high-end, which makes some homeowners question whether it’s worth it to install real wood floors. Hardwood floors are diverse, and you’ll find options for every budget when you shop with us at Dolphin Carpet in Pembroke Pines, FL.
Hardwood offers a range of great benefits:
- A hypoallergenic surface that doesn’t trap dust or dander, making it easy to clean
- Long-lasting durability and the ability to be refinished several times
- A reputation for quality that is sought out by home buyers & increases your home value
- Versatility for decorating thanks to a wide array of available species, colors & patterns
Visit our Pembroke Pines Dolphin Carpet showroom and we’ll help you find the perfect hardwood floors for your next home renovation.
Solid vs Engineered Hardwood Flooring: What’s the Difference?
As you shop, you’ll quickly realize that hardwood floors are available in two distinct types. Solid hardwood planks are the traditional format, while engineered hardwood floors are a more modern innovation. Each offers its own advantages.
Solid Hardwood Flooring:
- Each plank is made from a single piece of real wood
- Extremely durable & long-lasting
- Able to be refinished many times through its lifespan
- Rigid construction means it can’t handle too much humidity
- Cannot be installed below grade
Engineered Hardwood Flooring:
- Planks are made from layers of plywood and solid wood
- Highly versatile and able to be installed below grade
- Can only be refinished once due to its thin surface layer
Not sure which type of hardwood is right for your project? Talk to your Dolphin Carpet flooring specialist for advice.
Hardwood Floor Installation in Pembroke Pines, FL
Ready to install your new hardwood floors? Here at Dolphin Carpet, we have the expertise required and know how to install hardwood floors. Trust us with your job to ensure that your floors are installed correctly while adhering to your product’s warranty.
Different hardwood products require different techniques. Some involve being nailed down to a level subfloor. Others can be snapped together for a floating installation. Some modern hardwood products are even waterproof. No matter which floor you choose, Dolphin Carpet can get the job done right the first time.